No HEALTH PASS required at RUBAN VERT. Reservations can be made either from our website or on site. Before going to our bases, consult our Covid-19 protocol in "Our news" and we remind you that wearing a mask is mandatory on our bases until boarding.
Electric boats hire in Nantes, Sucé-sur-Erdre, Vertou and Nort-sur-Erdre
- Are your boats safe for someone expecting a baby?
Of course, expecting moms can enjoy the trip too.
- Are your boats suitable for babies and children?
There’s no minimum age for a trip on a RUBAN VERT electric boat. All babies, infants, children and adults are issued with a life vest before boarding. Life vests must be worn at all times.
- Are life vests provided?
All passengers are issued with a life vest before boarding: children, babies, infants and adults alike. We kindly remind you that life vests must be worn at all times.
- Are dogs allowed on board?
Yes, dogs are welcome on board our boats, but please make sure the boat is returned as clean as it was when you went on board (Spare a thought for the next customer).
- How long in advance do you need to turn up?
We suggest that you arrive about 15 minutes before your booking time. However, if you book for late afternoon, some boats may be late getting back. We make every effort to get you away on time, but remember that every late return means a delay for the next customer.
- How much does it cost to hire a boat?
You will find our prices on our website under the INDIVIDUALS “See our full range of prices” tab. They vary according to the size of the boat and the time you want to spend on board.
- Is there a deposit?
Before you board the boat, we will ask you to show a passport or identity card we give you back immediatly. We shall ask for a bank card imprint (300€) if you hire one of our larger models (i.e. 6-8 passenger boats).
- Do you charge per boat or per person?
We charge for the boat, irrespective of the number of people on board (within max. capacity).
Example: hiring a Ruban for 1 hour = €25 for 1, 2 or 3 people.
- If we have booked online and the weather turns out bad on the day, will we get a refund?
No, you cannot cancel your booking. Whatever the weather, the RUBAN VERT boat hire base will be open, our staff will be there to welcome you and the boat will be ready for you to enjoy your cruise. All our boats are equipped with awnings (to protect against the sun and rain).
- Is it better to book directly online or to come and book in person at the boat hire base?
We recommend booking online, because you can then check which boats are available for the route you have chosen. You might also avoid having to queue.
- What do you consider to be a late return?
You can be up to 5 minutes late, but after that, the following set charge is applied.
- Is there anything to protect passengers from the sun?
All our boats are equipped with awnings, which can also protect you from the rain.
- What means of payment do you take?
– Bank cards on line and/or in situ
– Holiday vouchers
– Bank checks are not accepted any more
- Is it possible to leave the boat at another base?
No, because each base is run separately.
- How can I pay with holiday vouchers?
You will need to go to one of our bases in person, a few days before your trip, to finalize the booking and pay with the vouchers. Unfortunately, there is currently no way holiday vouchers can be used to pay online.
- Do you need a boat license to skipper an electric boat?
No, none of our boats require a license. A RUBAN VERT staff-member will show you what to do on the pontoon, before you go on board.