The Chaussée des Moines boat hire base in Vertou
Opening of the 2020 season on Wednesday, May 20th !
Our electric boat hire base is next to the restaurants and the lock below Vertou village center, on the Bassin du chêne.
Discover the Chaussée des Moines on the River Sèvre
The Chaussée des Moines (Monks’ Causeway) is a remarkable historic site. The causeway was originally a dam built by the monks in the 11th century. It was designed to make the Sèvre river navigable and to build a watermill. You will sail through a lush green landscape, with only anglers and the local wildlife for company.
The river is quieter and more intimate than the River Erdre, and lets you simply enjoy the countryside at its best.
Our electric boats
Discover the River Sèvre with friends or family for a full day out. You can navigate the river Sèvre on different types of electric boats.
Several models are available at our Chaussée des Moines base, to suit your needs:
- Ruban (max. 3 adult passengers),
- AS (max. 5 adult passengers),
- Scoop (max. 6 adult passengers),
- Most (max. 8 adult passengers).
Choose the ideal boat for your trip along the River Sèvre!
|WEEKDAYS||WEDNESDAY||WEEKENDS & PUBLIC HOLIDAYS|
|–||14:00 – 19:00*||11:00 – 20:00|
|JULY||11:00 – 20:00||11:00 – 20:00||11:00 – 20:00|
|AUGUST||11:00 – 20:00||11:00 – 20:00||11:00 – 20:00|
|SEPTEMBER||–||14:00 – 19:00*||11:00 – 19:00|
- * Depending on the weather conditions on Wednesdays
How to get there
Vertou is only a 15-minute car drive from Nantes city center, and can be reached either through the vineyards or from exit 47 (Porte de Vertou) on the Nantes ring-road.
By public transport
- Take tram line 3 towards Neustrie, get off at the “8 mai” stop then take bus n°97 towards Vertou to the Parc de Sèvre stop.
- Take the Busway towards Porte de Vertou, get off at the terminus then take bus n°28 towards Vertou to the Viviers stop.
It takes about 25 minutes to cycle from Nantes city center to our Vertou boat hire base.